Timeline for Seniors
Senior Year Timeline
- Request letters of recommendation from teachers/counselors/adults
- Meet with school counselor to review college application process/ assure senior
coursework is on track. Senior Seminar will guide you through this process
- Finish college essays
- Register for SAT or ACT if retake is needed
- Meet with college representatives
- Begin to narrow down colleges and categorize as safe/reach/realistic choices
- Create a checklist/calendar of dates, deadlines and fees
- Make visits to college campuses
- Follow up with letters of recommendation
- Submit college applications to colleges and notify your school counselor
2-3 weeks before the deadline. This should be completed before
the Thanksgiving break!
- Prepare for early decision deadlines (November deadline)
- Send SAT/ACT scores to colleges
- Research scholarships
- Create your FSA ID prior to completing your FAFSA.
- Have your parent/guardian create a FAFSA ID too.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) beginning October 1st.
- Finish and send any early decision/action applications
- Make sure your high school transcript is sent to colleges.
- Continue to research scholarships
- Organize regular decision college applications and financial aid forms
- Register for SAT if needed
- Visit colleges during Winter Recess
- Complete FAFSA if it is not yet completed
- Ask your school counselor to send mid- year transcripts to colleges
- Watch for college application deadlines- send all paperwork and fees
- Attend spring open house at college campuses
- Make sure FAFSA has been completed
- Scholarships- keep looking!
- Begin to make final decisions about which college you will attend
- Keep your grades up
- Watch for acceptance letters and financial aid offers and alert your counselor
- Give school counselor a copy of acceptance letters and financial aid information
- Request that final transcript be sent to colleges
- Send commitment and deposit to the college that you plan to attend
- Notify schools that you didn’t choose that you do not plan to attend
- High School Graduation – Congratulations!