Western New York Maritime Charter School and its faculty are committed to the successful integration of technology into teachings and learnings throughout the school on a daily basis. We believe that effective technology integration must happen across a curriculum in ways that deepen and enhance the learning process.
The school technology includes the following list which will expand throughout the 2018-2019 school year:
- Interactive display boards in all Middle School classrooms and several High School classrooms to bring education to life and engage all students.
- Five class sets of Chrome books in mobile carts in the high school and six mobile carts in the middle school.
- Four class sets of Chromebooks permanently assigned to Science, ELA, and the Social Studies departments.
- One set of iPads permanently assigned to Math.
- Two rolling Apple iPad labs with apps for every class and subject.
- One computer lab with 20 HP workstations and 9 HP workstations in the library . These computers contain Microsoft Office 2016 as well as several mathematical software programs such as Geometer's SketchPad.
- Software that is used to convert text to speech to assist students as needed.
- Extensive use of Google Classroom for assignments and student submission.
Every Cadet at Maritime is provided with a secure Google account to interact with teachers and access their work from home.
The Science Department has digital microscopes that connect to projectors so the whole class can participate in labs simultaneously.
Computer Based Learning. Interactive software and video simulations are used in a learning setting where course content is reviewed and extended, exam preparation occurs, and realistic and abstract course related simulations are created and played out ( historical combat, business simulations, sports, and civilization development games).
Online whole class assessments using Google forms to provide immediate feedback with scores and answer corrections for quick quizzes and review sessions.
Our Information Technology Director is a Google Certified Teacher - Heather Fleming
The teachers of Western New York Maritime Charter School believe in technology and practice the successful integration of technology on a consistent basis. The educators are continually exploring new ways and methods to use technology more effectively inside the classroom.