Western New York Maritime Charter School and its faculty are committed to the successful integration of technology into teachings and learnings throughout the school on a daily basis. We believe that effective technology integration must happen across a curriculum in ways that deepen and enhance the learning process.
The school technology includes the following list which will expand throughout the 2020-2021 school year:
- Interactive display boards in all Middle School classrooms and several High School classrooms to bring education to life and engage all students.
- All students are assigned a chromebook for school use.
- One set of iPads permanently assigned to Math.
- Software that is used to convert text to speech to assist students as needed.
- Extensive use of Google Classroom for remote classes, assignments and student submission.
Every Cadet at Maritime is provided with a secure Google account to interact with teachers and access their work from home. These accounts have no access to outside email.
The Science Department has digital microscopes that connect to projectors so the whole class can participate in labs simultaneously.
Computer Based Learning. Interactive software and video simulations are used in a learning setting where course content is reviewed and extended, exam preparation occurs, and realistic and abstract course related simulations are created and played out (historical combat, business simulations, sports, and civilization development games).
Online whole class assessments using Google forms to provide immediate feedback with scores and answer corrections for quick quizzes and review sessions.
The teachers of Western New York Maritime Charter School believe in technology and practice the successful integration of technology on a consistent basis. Our educators are continually exploring new ways and methods to use technology more effectively inside the classroom.