Meet Your Instructor: Dr. Marie Larcara
- I am a New York State certified English (7-12) educator with extensive experience in teacher education.
- I earned a B.S at Buffalo State College,
- a master's in education with a focus in distance education from California State University,
- and a doctorate is in teacher leadership from Walden University.
- My research interests include writing to learn strategies, distance education, and the purposeful use of technology for teaching and learning.
- I currently live in Hamburg, NY with my husband and college age son and several rescue pets.
Rhetorical Analysis Unit!
- Your writing folder stays in our room!
- Your packet stays in our room!
- You need to be PROUD of what you write...we will assess the writing folder at the end of the year.
Skills Assessment on Macbeth!
This is my favorite grade to teach. We read wonderful literature and work hard to create authentic and meaningful writing. I try to use multiple and diverse teaching strategies as a way to engage and reach all learners.
Come to class ready, respectful and willing to think deeply about themes which relate to your lives. I will often ask YOU to find sources based on your interests and find ways to connect to our themes and essential questions. Participation is key to your learning and you should expect an active learning environment.
Your Success = My Success...so let's rock this!
- Students have written a response to a short story, "Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- Students will begin a reading/writing workshop soon!